The Federated Governing Body was officially formed on 1st June 2012 to set the strategic direction of the schools by:
- promoting high standards of education, ensuring that the needs of every child are catered for
- supporting and challenging in order for the schools to move forward
- having a long term view to ensure the schools work together to achieve their aims
We are committed to continuous improvement. Our governors are able to bring a range of expertise and skills and this helps to direct the Federation in a positive and effective way. If you would like to contact the Governors, then please ring or email the school office and they will pass on your message.
Governing Body responsibilities
All schools in England have a Governing Body which is responsible for overseeing many of the strategic decisions of the school. A key role is to act as a ‘critical friend’: to support, to challenge, to ask questions, ultimately to represent the school community.
The Governing Body works in close partnership with the Headteacher, staff and the Local Authority. Whilst the Headteacher is, of course, responsible for the day to day running of the school, the governors are involved with such things as staffing, curriculum, school buildings and finance. It ensures the school functions well and maintains the proper range of academic and social objectives.
Membership of the Governing Body includes parents, teaching staff and representatives from the local community. The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term; additionally, there are sub-committees which also meet termly.The Governing Body has a range of powers and duties laid down by various Education Acts. In the main, these responsibilities relate to:
- Setting targets and promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting the strategic framework within which the school operates
- Management of the school’s delegated budget
- Ensuring that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based
Members of the Governing Body
Paul East - Chair
Caroline Bell - Vice Chair
Gill Finch - Staff Governor
Nicola Barker, Steph Scott, Helen Taylor, Jo Todd Jenny Welsh– Co-opted and Parent Governors
What our Governors have done
Each year we produce an annual governance statement outlining what our Governors did. You can view the report below.
|Annual Governance Statement 2016-2017.pdf||84.9 KB|
|Governing Body Information 2016-17.pdf||149.34 KB|