Dream, believe, learn, achieve.
At North Walsham Junior, Infant School and Nursery we focus on the following aims:
- Each child recognised as an individual so our teaching specifically targets their learning needs, develops their social skills and nurtures their talents
- A focus on literacy so every child will become an avid reader, a fluent writer and a confident speaker
- A focus on mathematics so every child will become a confident, skillful mathematician
- Thinking and questioning at the heart of our curriculum so that children are encouraged to explore, enquire and extend their learning by talking
- Strong values, developing in every child resilience, creativity, politeness, respect and motivation to succeed
- Outstanding teaching so that every child learns new things every day and is motivated to attend school
- An exciting, stimulating curriculum taught inside and outdoors
- A calm, purposeful environment in which to learn, with a clear focus on rewarding positive behaviour
- A coaching culture to support the development of thinking and learning processes
We want to make sure that every child in our school is happy, safe and protected from harm. This means we will always work to protect children from maltreatment and ensure they grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care. It is our legal duty to refer our concerns to other services, if we suspect a child is being harmed in any way.
We have a Safeguarding Policy which sets out our legal responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We will work with other agencies where necessary, in order to ensure a child's wellbeing. Click here for more information about keeping children safe.
This website has more helpful information about keeping your child safe online.
We expect our parents to support us in achieving our aims for their children. This document sets out our Parent Code of Conduct.
This document shows our school goals for 2017 2018
This document explains how we are meeting our Equality Duty